Niacinamide, also known as nicotinamide, is a form of vitamin B3 found mainly in cereals, meat and fruits. So we take it continuously through food, which is also necessary, because it cannot be formed by the body itself.
Niacinamide does a lot for our organism: It is involved in all vital metabolic processes and supports, for example, the brain, the health of the pancreas and the joints. It is similarly versatile in terms of our skin metabolism.
Vitamin power for your skin
So how does niacinamide work in the skin?
First of all, it protects your skin from water loss. Because it supports the skin in the formation of ceramides and cholesterol. These are two essential components of the epidermis that help it bind water.
At the same time, niacinamide promotes the formation of collagen and thus significantly accelerates skin renewal. Does that look familiar to you? True, our second main active ingredient, mandelic acid, has a similar effect. This is also the reason why we use both active ingredients in tandem: They complement each other perfectly.
One vitamin, four modes of action
Here is an overview of what niacinamide can do for different skin types:
- Dry skin benefits from the fact that niacinamide increases its ability to store moisture.
- Oily, impure skin helps niacinamide to regulate the production of skin fat (sebum). In the 4 percent concentration we use, it also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Niacinamide prevents skin aging by stimulating and supporting the production of collagen. Fine wrinkles can thus be reduced.
- Pigment disorders, for example in the form of sun damage, age spots or acne, are alleviated by niacinamide. Studies have shown a significant improvement in skin texture, redness and pigment shifts.
Conclusion: A real all-rounder!
Let's not forget - niacinamide is a true power vitamin and has a positive effect on many skin functions:
- It strengthens the upper skin layers
- It helps the skin to bind moisture and lipids
- Regulates oily skin and relieves acne
- Compensates for hyperpigmentations
- In the high concentration chosen by us in HighDroxy Face Serum, there is an additional wrinkle-reducing effect, because niacinamide stimulates collagen formation.
The effect and tolerability of vitamin B3 has been proven by numerous independent clinical studies.
Which HighDroxy products contain niacinamide?
- Niacinamide is contained in the FACE SERUM contained with 4%
- Niacinamide is contained in the HYDRO SPRAY contained with 4%
- Niacinamide is contained in the hyFIVE BOOSTER with 5% contained
- Niacinamide is present in PORIFY SOLUTION with less than 4%
Picture credits: Rost-9D/iStockphoto.com